I took the photo you see at Fernwood Botanical Gardens and Nature Preserve in Niles, Michigan. Niles is my hometown and Fernwood is a favorite place. The first weekend of November, I was fortunate enough to be invited to participate in their Holiday Market. It was a wonderful way to kick off the holiday season.
As we head into Thanksgiving week, I’m going to take some time to reflect on all the things I am thankful for: my faith, my family, my little grandson, friends, my home, a job I love, just to name a few things. It’s important in the midst of busy lives and hectic days to stop and reflect on what’s important.
Preparations for Small Business Saturday
And it has been a busy week. I’ve been getting ready for Thanksgiving and also preparing for Small Business Saturday (November 24). I’d like to highlight a few of the things I’m doing this Christmas with my business.
- Nickel Plate Arts, Gifted. I am one of the makers participating in Gifted at Nickel Plate Arts in Noblesville, IN. The gallery is being transformed into a unique Holiday Boutique where shoppers can purchase handcrafted gifts from local artisans. It starts on Black Friday , November 23, and runs through December 29. Check the above link for the dates and times the boutique is open. It is located at the Judge Stone House at Nickel Plate Arts, 107 S. 8th Street Noblesville, IN 46060.
- Small Business Saturday. On November 24, Small Business Saturday, I will be at Gifted from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. doing a demonstration of rolling my beeswax taper candles. Come and try your hand at rolling one if you’d like and you can also pick out a few Christmas gifts for your family and friends from the selection at the gallery.
- Etsy Shop Sale. From November 21 to November 26 everything except for the nativities will be discounted 20 percent in my Etsy shop.
- Nativity Sale. From November 23 to November 27, my Christmas nativities will be discounted 15 percent. I have a limited number of these available as they are time consuming to make, so if you’d like one, be sure to take advantage of the sale!
- Holiday Workshops. Saturday, December 1, and Saturday, December 8, I will be offering Aromas of Christmas workshop. You’ll learn about the essential oils associated with Christmas, create a make-n-take product, and enjoy herbal tea and a snack– all for only $25. It’s a fun girls outing or mother-daughter event. Other dates are available as well. Contact me for details if you need a different date than what is listed.
Thanks so much for your support, and I hope you have a blessed Christmas as we celebrate the birth of Jesus!